We are proud to carry Focus Fashion. Focus is “about putting you at ease with clothing that’s simple enough to wear every day, yet unique enough to excite the imagination.” Their clothing is well made, the fabrics are great, and the sizes are true.
The Baggallini spring collection has arrived! That means discontinued items are going on sale now through January 13.
A few weeks ago, a customer came into Utopia wearing this fabulous jacket. It enthralled us. We did a little research and found the manufacturer. Winding River is an American company and the jackets are made here. They are also beautiful, reversible, well made, and different. Come check them out if you’re shopping in Eldorado.
Utopia is working hard at building its Facebook Page and needs your help. If you plan on coming by the store, check in on Facebook first. When you do, and you show us your post, you’ll get 20% off any single item in the store (excludes printer inks and already discounted merchandise).
If you don’t know how to check in on Facebook, here’s a link that explains it (and don’t worry, it’s easy).
We’re reaching beyond Eldorado these days and starting to attract more and more Santa Fe shoppers. Help us tell them why Utopia is worth the trip!
Utopia is about living well, feeling good, and getting going. While we can save you time, save you money, and offer a bit of delight, there’s more to life than shopping. Here are 10 quotes from people who knew a bit about living well. Enjoy and share.
1. “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.” – Carl Jung
2. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” Leo Buscaglia
3. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
4. “Don’t complain about getting older, it is a privilege denied to many.” – Unknown
5. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” – Emily Dickinson
6. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
7. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.” – Stephen King
8. “Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
9. “I woke up and realized life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living.” – Hulk Hogan
10. “Life is too short to be living somebody else’s dream.” – Hugh Hefner
People always ask why we named the store Utopia. It’s because of a quote we heard once and can’t quite remember. It goes something like this:
“Every time I take a step toward utopia, utopia takes a step away. When I take 10 steps toward Utopia, it takes 10 steps away. So utopia is not a place. It’s the thing that gets me moving.”
It’s our goal to save you some time, delight you while you’re here, and get you moving toward your vision of utopia.
This weekend, we took a few steps toward one of our utopias. We drove south from Eldorado at Santa Fe to the Cibola National Forest, near Magdalena, NM. In Copper Canyon, we set up camp and went out to explore. The creek bubbled and trilled. Sun broke through ponderosa pines and we found relics rich with history between steep canyon walls.
Sometimes, getting away is how we come home.
Utopia is under construction, choked with boxes, and clogged with confusion. It won’t stay that way long. We’re so excited for this phase to end so we can start putting items on the shelves. Check out some of the great stuff we have so far:
These are examples of our broad selection. Stay tuned for details. We’ll see you October 12 at 10 am.